||DAR & State of Missouri placed marker for the Santa Fe Trail.
DAR placed marker on Boone's Lick Road.
||Knights of Columbus placed marker on the First State Capitol buildings.
||July, 1922, new concrete street from Clay St. to Clark St., the street had been brick.
||June 7, 1956, St. Charles County Historical Society was formed; 100 people attended meeting.
||Historical Society membership increased to 234.
||State of Missouri purchased "Peck's General Store" building and lot for $39,000. Efforts continued toward purchase of remaining buildings in the block of Peck's/First State Capitol site. The need was determined to be $160,000.
||Fall meeting of Historical Society raised pledges for $82,000 to match a promise of $80,000 from the State for purchase of remainig properties in the First Capitol block.
Historical Society purchased Eckert's Tavern at 515 South Main, established Museum and became repository for documents.
||First State Capitol Restoration Commission recommends to City Council that it pass ordinance setting out the blocks on Main Street as a Historical District, recommends renaming part of Highway 94 and part of West Clay from I-70 to the location of the First Capitol building as First Capitol Drive. Henry Elmendorf was chairman of the Restoration Commission; Warren Hearns was Governor.
||Gaslights installed on South Main Street.
About 1966, the City established the special zoning classification and established the Architectural Review Board to oversee the buildings and any remodeling/restoration done in the District.
||City submits application for federal funding of redevelopment project which includes developing a park and historic building restoration projects.
||Work begins to obtain donation of land to City for area development of a riverfront park.
||Restoration of First State Capitol building.
||Missouri State Capitol Building, also recognized as Peck's Row; Legislative Hall, 208-216 South Main, is placed on the National Register of Historical Places.
Stone Row, 314-330 South Main is placed on the National Register of Historical Places.
August, St. Charles received federal funding for planning of a redevelopment and restoration project between Reservoir and Clark and from 4th St. to the river.
Historic District added to the National Register of Historical Places - June 1970
(bounded roughly by Madison Street on the north, Chauncey and Boone's Lick Road on the south, the alley between Main and Second on the west and the Missouri River on the east)
Urban Renewal: Redevelopment planning work and Project Area Committee 1970, Implementation Funding November 1972, Physical work started early 1973.
||Dedication of restored First State Capitol buildings and designation of the site as a state park.
Historical Society purchases Newbill-McElhiney House.
||Newbill - McElhiny House, 625 South Main placed on the National Register of Historical Places
November: Redevelopment Authority receives federal grant (eventually totaling near $10 M) to begin buying land for Riverside Drive and a public parking system. Work begins to remove from the Historic District the wrecked autos, salt and cinder storage, oil tanks, lumber storage and warehouse buildings alongside the railroad, relocate industrial activites and mobile homes.
||Riverfront Park work begins.
||Dedication of Riverfront Park. Park officially named Frontier Park. Total cost: $360,733
||Berthold Square completed.
||Western House major restoration was completed.
||St. Charles Office of Tourism opened with an annual budget of $20,000.
Dedication of Albert F. Kister Park
||Old City Hall, also recognized as Market House, 100 South Main placed on the National Register of Historical Places
Stone Row major restoration was completed.
Farmers' Tavern major restoration was completed.
Brick street, sidewalk, curb and sewer rebuilding, landscaping completed in Historic District.
||St. Charles Odd Fellows Hall, 117 South Main placed on the National Register of Historical Places
|| Historic District Boundary Increase II - added to the National Register of Historical Places - 1991 (extends the boundary on the south to include 1000 S. Main Street)
||Historic District Boundary Increase III - added to the National Register of Historical Places - 1991 (extends the boundary on the north to Jefferson Street)
||The Great Flood: The Missouri River crests at 39.6 feet, 14.6 feet above flood stage, on August 2. (St. Charles Library District: Bizelli-Fleming Local History Collection)
||Historic District Boundary Increase IV - added to the National Register of Historical Places - 1996 (extends the boundary on the north to include 100, 200 and 300 block of North Main Street)